Sunday, October 16, 2011

Cheap Wall Mount Headphone Holder

I was looking around for a nice headphone stand that would cost under $10 and decided that IKEA was by far the best place to go.  I was going to build the modified Grundtal toilet roll holder build that I found on IKEA Hackers, but when I got to IKEA I decided to go a different route.

The Bjarnum aluminum hook immediately caught my eye for two reasons.  First off it didn't require any modification at all which is always nice since sometimes these IKEA hacks can come out a bit rough looking if your not careful.  The other aspect of this hook that I really liked was how there was a second smaller hook under the main hook that would be perfect for coiling the headphone cord up onto.


 The pictures speak for themselves!  My only complaint if that the main hook is about and inch longer than it needs to be but I may hack that off at a later time and round out the end to make it perfect.  Overall a nice cheap solution.




No comments:

Post a Comment